Visit the IRS website for more information
The IRS and U.S. Treasury continue to post helpful information on https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus and https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/cares/assistance-for-american-workers-and-families. They encourage people to check their websites often for updates.
Find answers to additional questions, including:
- Who is eligible for the economic impact payment?
- How will the IRS know where to send my payment?
- The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
- I am not typically required to file a tax return. Can I still receive my payment?
- How can I file the tax return needed to receive my economic impact payment?
- I have not filed my tax return for 2018 or 2019. Can I still receive an economic impact payment?
- I need to file a tax return. How long are the economic impact payments available?